Got that hankering for a bit of sweet to finish off a special meal or dare I say maybe even on its very own? Yes, me too, sometimes. You are careful with what you eat, stay away from the bad stuff and eat a lot of the good. I get the picture. You exercise regularly and don’t want to blow it with one bowl of decadence. I hear ya. But, I think I may be able to help. Check this out!
Here is a delightful little sweet you can treat yourself or your sweet ones to with no guilt. Yes, indeed! It is actually full of antioxidants, has lots of fiber, tastes great, comes together in minutes, and makes you smile. Not bad for a brief whirl in your blender.
HEALTHY RECIPE: CHOCOLATE ORANGE MOUSSE
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup full-fat organic coconut milk (the remaining milk in the can be used to make coconut cream shown here as a garnish)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Juice from an organic orange
- a pinch of orange zest
- 3 tablespoons of organic cacao powder
- scant 1/4 cup date syrup or raw honey (depending on your preference) You can always add more later.
- small pinch of pink salt
- a garnish of choice: dark chocolate chips, candied orange, chopped walnuts, coconut cream
Now do this
- Put all the ingredients in a blender.
- Swirl until combined really well.
- Taste and adjust seasoning and sweet levels.
- Pour in two cups.
- Chill if you can wait.
- Garnish with your choice.
Ridiculously easy! Play around with the flavors that you like. Other fruits would be great too. Raspberries maybe instead of orange? More vanilla with some shredded coconut? Mint could be yummy too.