This post brought to you by Evolution Fresh®. The content and opinions expressed below are that of The Health-Minded.
A RANGE OF HEALTHY FOODS YOU CAN FIND AT YOUR LOCAL GROCERY STORE
1. Decorate with green for fresher, cleaner air! That’s right – you can accomplish this at the grocery store! Put a plant in your bedroom (and in everyone else’s bedroom in your family, too) for cleaner air and to add a fresh appeal to your spaces! Think how many hours you spend there sleeping and why wouldn’t you want the air you take in to be its cleanest when you slumber.
- Place a large bowl of cleaned vegetables front and center in your fridge. Include carrot and celery sticks, red pepper strips, thin asparagus stalks or broccoli florets floating in ice water to keep crisp.
- Creamy nut milk is great for a quick light snack especially topped with chia seeds, nuts, or a few berries to provide healthy fats and minerals and provide a full tummy with energy to go!
- Make sure you stay hydrated and a great way to do that is to take a ready-made, cold-pressed juice with you and join in the Evolution Fresh® National Green Juice Day on January 26. Take a Sip In A Brighter Direction and try their many delicious varieties. My personal favorite, as I love the taste of lemon, is the Sweet Greens and Lemon. I am all for making fresh juices and green smoothies at home, but sometimes we are pressed for time. Here are some reasons I think these juices could be a good choice for you to keep in your fridge to take with you on your busiest days:
- Evolution Fresh juices are cold-pressed using fruits and veggies to give any juice fanatics a nutritious and satisfying way to hydrate. Cold-pressed are better for you and here is why: Many juices on the market have been heat-pasteurized, which may affect the natural flavors and nutrients of the ingredients. Evolution Fresh cold-presses theirs using high-pressure processing to help protect the taste and nutrients of the fruits and vegetables they bring into the juicery.
- No artificial colors or flavors are used – only some of your favorite produce, carefully sourced to taste as close to fresh-picked as possible. In fact, each juice contains over a serving of veggies (excluding Super Green and Protein Power Greens).
- If you are watching your sugar levels, and we all should, each bottle of green juice contains 10 grams of sugar or less per 8-fluid ounces serving.
- Check out at the bottom of this post where you may be able to snag a few free Evolution Fresh juices . . . for free. (Yes, I said free twice!)
- Keep washed fruit and organic salad greens ready to assemble. Almost every day I take a handful of greens and make a super quick salad. I make sure to sprinkle some fresh seeds (sunflower and pumpkin are common choices) to add some healthy fat and splash the greens with a fresh squeeze of lemon juice and herbs or even a drizzle of one of the Evolution Fresh juices for a quick dressing. So quick, so good for you.
- Place some fresh hummus or other healthy dips next to those fresh washed veggies.
- Make some extra healthy leftovers at dinner to carry with you the next day.
- It absorbs so quickly and makes your skin amazingly soft with no greasy feel and with no nasty toxic chemicals or overpowering scent. Nature at its best!
- A recent animal study found that when applied topically, virgin organic coconut oil for skin can speed up wound healing, and a human study found it to be effective in increasing hydration and reducing water loss in dry skin.
GET FREE HEALTHY JUICES TO GO!
- Deliveries begin at 1:00 pm local time and end when supplies are depleted.
- Customers will have the ability to order three, free juices per delivery, with a maximum of one order per customer.
- These city markets are participating: Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, Chicago, Seattle, Washington, DC, Miami, Phoenix, Orange County, and San Diego.
- If you like, post you and your juice on Instagram or create a tweet about how you stay healthy to inspire others! Use this hashtag: #MySmallSip.
- Learn more here and visit the website for more details on National Green Juice Day.
- Find out more about Postmates via these links to their social media accounts: Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.